What is your game plan to achieve your goals?
If you do not have specific goals and a clear game plan you will rely on Luck to provide you success and usually, Luck prefers to side with the winner who has done his or her prep.
Some of the things to keep in mind in preparing your game plan will include:
– Being organized so at any given point in time you have a written list of outstanding things to complete and a timeline.
– Preparing not only the “To do” list but also the “Not to do” list. Practicing the mantra of less is more.
– Being prepared to say “No” to many things that don’t lead you to your goals and “Yes” to a few things that do.
– Doing one thing at a time from your game plan to its completion is better than many half-done jobs.
– Doing tasks from your game plan very well the first time around so you avoid doing it again.
– Being an effective delegator and utilizing your team well.