The starting point begins with clarity – clarity of the vision, mission, values, and aligned mid and short term goals.
The Oxford dictionary defines clarity as:
• the quality of being coherent and intelligible;
• the quality of being easy to see or hear;
• sharpness of image or sound;
• the quality of being certain or definite;
• the quality of transparency or purity.
Engage and empower the team to participate in the success of the organization and lay out clear expectations of what is required of each and how these expectations fit into the overall objective.
Having monthly goals and regular accountability enhances the focus. The regular feedback mechanism allows the team to know what they are doing right and where they need to improve.